Johnson Matthey Battery Systems is part of Johnson Matthey, an international advanced chemical manufacturing company that has been operating internationally for over 200 years.
Johnson Matthey Battery Systems in Gliwice is one of the biggest providers of lithium-ion toolkits in Europe. Processing 50 million a year, delivering three million batteries to the global market. We sell our products to customers from the automotive, power tools and e-bike sectors. We also specialize in mobile solutions, enabling companies to work outside of the electrical network, without a power cable, for health, sports equipment, products for people with disabilities and sports equipment.
For our manufacturing facility in Gliwice, we are actively recruiting for a Commodity Buyer to join Purchasing & Material Planning Team at Johnson Matthey Battery Systems.
Purchase goods, materials and services to ensure that the company operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality and to ensure continuity of supply.
- Conduct sourcing and negotiation process for new and current projects including efficient and optimized logistic set up; cooperate with project teams, assure timely deliveries of prototypes for new projects.
- Coordinate negotiation and purchase of factory infrastructure investments (semi-automated and automated production lines/equipment).
- Manage relationships with suppliers providing secure and cost-effective sources for relevant commodities.
- Improve prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods.
- Prepare reports and updates as and when required.
- Oversee the status of orders and deliveries of the strategic purchasing department.
- Maintain accuracy of information within SAP, including pricing, current supplier information, etc.
- Conduct commercial / technical consultations when required.
- Assess and evaluate suppliers to contribute to performance reviews.
- Bachelors degree in economics / engineering.
- Must have minimum 3 years professional experience in strategic sourcing.
- Technical knowledge of one of major commodity groups: chargers, wire harnesses, stamping parts will be a plus.
- Must have strong negotiation skills and proven experience in negotiations on international level.
- Experience in indirect procurement.
- Fluent in English (B2), German will be a plus.
- Focus on results and ability to build relationship and partnership with internal customers.
- Good communication and project management skills.
- Experience with SAP system will be a plus.
- Experience with factory infrastructure investments will be a plus.
- Interesting job in rapidly growing international Company.
- Opportunity to participate in interesting projects alongside experienced specialists.
- External and internal training programs.
- Private medical care; sport card and group insurance on favourable terms.
- A pleasant working environment and flexible working hours.
Inne oferty pracodawców: